I discovered Neurographic Art at the end of January in 2022 when my mom went into the hospital because she couldn’t walk. We learned that her Cancer, which was diagnosed three years prior, had spread to her hip and was deteriorating. I needed a creative activity that was portable and not messy. Previous years I learned acrylic fluid art pours and that was a way for me to relax but I couldn’t bring that activity to the hospital, long nursing home visits or to my moms apartment where I was taking care of her dog. Over the next several months, I was my moms primary caregiver at home for hospice. With Neurographic drawing techniques, I learned how to relax, breathe, and set intentions to make my life a little less stressful.
I am not a therapist. I am not technically trained. I started this for my own journey and therapy and want to just help guide others by teaching them what I’ve learned.
What is Neurographic Art?
Neurographica(TM) is a process created by the Russian psychologist Dr. Pavel Piskarev in 2014. It is very popular in the Russian and German speaking countries.
It is an art form that does not require any kind of drawing skill; basically if one can pick up a marker/pencil to draw lines in a controlled manner, one can make Neurographic Art (or Neuroart).
The process of making Neuroart can have therapeutic effects, but it is not recommended as a replacement for seeing a therapist (at the time of this writing).
It is like Art Therapy with rules; except it is not recommended as a substitution for seeing a therapist (at the time of this writing).
It has techniques that a Neurographica(TM) practitioner uses to help their client/s achieve their goal/s.
It can be used as a form of self care to give yourself a few minutes or hours to exercise some self love as you engage with the process.
It’s all about “Doing”, not the final product. That’s just bonus.
This course teaches you the foundational basics of Neuroarts, sometimes also known as Neurographic Art. It covers how to draw Neurolines, how to do roundings, the meaning of shapes, colouring rules, how to do graphical fixation and field lines. These are the basic building blocks to making Neuroart works.
The course will cover the following topics
- A quick introduction to what the course will cover.
- A short lesson on selecting the right art materials for the course.
- How to draw Neurolines.
- How to use coins for assistance.
- What is Rounding and how to do it.
- Metaphors of Simple Shapes
- Putting it all together to form a piece of Art
- About Neuroart colouring rules.
- Graphical Fixation and Field Lines
- Ending and Bonus lesson on using Neuroart.
- To learn to relax and let go of whatever is bothering you.
The art materials recommended for this class is as follows :
- At least, an A4 or B4 sized thick art paper (recommended Mixed Media paper). You may use any size piece of paper if you wish.
- Colouring materials Coloured Pencils/Art Markers/Highlighters/Watercolors etc
- A medium or bullet point permanent marker blue or black
- Markers (if you have opted to use markers as you colouring material, then you may leave this out)
- There are no difficult requirements for this course.
- You have to be able to pick up a marker pen, and be able to draw lines in a controlled manner.
- No drawing experience required.
Sign up below for your One Hour, one on one instruction with me via video chat for $30
I hope you will enjoy the class. Let’s have fun together!!!